Do you like my title for this blog post? Tropical Chic Thumping? It’s a bit random, but it does say exactly what I did when I made this card, used the fabulous stamp set Tropical Chic and I Thumped it! Not the punch you on the nose type of thumping, but a cool crafting technique that you are going to love!
So thumping is a technique where you tap the brush tip of darker coloured markers over a stamp that has been inked in a lighter colour. You then stamp it down and it give a mottled effect. On the card above you can see it best on the leaves in the bottom left corner. The Tropical Chic stamp set I used is amazing, and perfect for this tropical weather we are having! You will find it on page 121 of the annual catalogue and there are some amazing dies that co-ordinate. Look out for more projects using the stamps and dies in the next few weeks.
So I made a video using one of my favourite stamp sets Lovely as a Tree a few years ago that showcases this technique.
Although not all of the products I used in the video are still available Lovely as a Tree is! I thought I would re-share this video so you can see the technique in action. On the card above I used Granny Apple Green as the ink for the stamp and markers in Garden Green and Shaded Spruce.
Product List of items for the Tropical Chic card. Click on the pictures to go shopping in my online store.
These are the currently available items from the video.
———————— Supplies ————————
• Lovely As A Tree Clear-Mount Stamp Set —— http://bit.ly/2fCQS37
• Lovely As A Tree Wood-Mount Stamp Set —— http://bit.ly/2nztEgM
• Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin’ Pad —— http://bit.ly/2MUMQBg
• Regals Stampin’ Write Markers —— http://bit.ly/2tXERfG
• Neutrals Stampin’ Write Markers —— http://bit.ly/2tYAgtI
• Garden Green A4 Card Stock —— http://bit.ly/2aZkKGG
• Crumb Cake A4 Card Stock —— http://bit.ly/1R2wLtK
• Early Espresso A4 Card Stock —— http://bit.ly/1P4dqCT
• Very Vanilla A4 Card Stock —— http://bit.ly/1Dxw5Rj
So it seems to be staying warm and dry here for a while longer! I am enjoying it whilst I can. The dog however is having to be walked at 9pm at night because the pave=ments are too hot for her paws. It’s amazing how hot the tarmac gets. So I shall be in front of the telly at 3pm tomorrow willing England on, we shall see, I shall probably spend most of the match with my head in my hands!
To get a free thank you gift, simply enter the Inkin’ Host Code above at check out when you shop online.
Subscribe for Blog Updates & Newsletter with special offers & tutorials